Thursday, August 19, 2010

Spider-man on Broadway

"With great power comes great responsibility." - Ben Parker

Ok, so my great power is living in NYC.

So my great responsibility is going to see Spider-man on Broadway!

From the people who brought you Lion King on Broadway and um...the Joshua Tree.


Tickets went on sale last Friday and I immediately bought me some a few hours later. Opening night is December 21st, but no tickets were available, so I got some for December 22nd.  Just in case it fails as epically as some doomsayers are predicting I should still get to go.

"Broadway fans" seem to think that Spider-man is a bad idea and Spider-man fans seem to think that Broadway is a bad idea. (Although they were fine with comics, movies, video games, action figures, coloring books, bed sheets, napkins, and coming soon: pizza toppings.)

So, basically, nobody is excited about this except me, one of the interns at Marvel, a hot dog vendor in Times Square and  maybe this guy.

But all three of you reading this will get to hear all about it.

2 comments:

  1. What a mess of geeky combinations! Spiderman on Broadway, Boba Fett playing the zelda theme on accordion, my head just exploded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't care what anyone says. Boba Fett playing the Zelda theme song makes PERFECT SENSE.

    ReplyDelete