Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Avenger's Earth Mightiest Heroes Trailer

"Avengers Assemble!"

Ok, so let's catch up on some random stuff from SDCC.

In case you missed it, here's the trailer for the Avengers cartoon coming to Disney XD. The show has a 52 episode order, so they should be able to develop some subplots and long-running story arcs.



The art style isn't great, but it's passable and there's a lot I do like about the trailer. The opening shot has newspaper articles about the Punisher and Man-Thing, easter egg or foreshadowing? Either way, it works for me. Tons of low and mid level villains which bodes well for variety.

Earlier promos implied that team would just be Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Hank Pym and the Wasp but now Hulk, Hawkeye and Black Panther are prominently featured in the promo images. I'm hoping Hulk is only going to be around for the first few episodes and the occasional guest appearance, and if they insist on keeping him around, I hope he's not just dumb-Hulk.

If they actually followed early Marvel continuity, I would be ecstatic, although I'm not sure if they'll be allowed to use Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver who did appear on Wolverine and the X-Men, or if Marvel-Disney can now use any character they want for the cartoons.

I don't know if they have the balls to remove Cap or Iron Man or Thor for any of the episodes to focus on the "real" Avengers.. Scarlet Witch, Vision, Hawkeye, Black Knight, etc but I'm already mentally prepared to be looking at the big 3 every episode so I should be ok.

It is a good sign that Cap is absent from the clip of the team's formation though.

I'm gonna keep my fingers cross that this (and the movies) turn out as good as they should.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, looks great. Though, I'm feeling like I think the Hulk should stick around. I think he could bring sort of a wild card edge to the line up.

    Besides, Spectacular proved that creators can change an adapatation while keeping true to the spirit of the source.

    ReplyDelete